Are you driven, target orientated and have media/digital experience? If so we want to hear from you! We currently have exciting opportunities for you to join our teams in Worcester and Stourbridge, as a Digital Sales Executive.
As a Digital Sales Executive you will be part of a busy and vibrant Advertising Sales team whereby you will play a fundamental role in ensuring the continued success and reputation that we pride ourselves on.
Your role will predominantly focused the digital products and platforms that we offer, and is ever evolving! Working closely with the Digital Business Development Manager, to ensure the digital advertising opportunities offered by our websites are fully maximised and implemented successfully. You will also be out on the road visiting clients, building the rapport and trust along with managing their digital expectations.
This will include working with existing clients and generating new business, whereby you will be responsible for managing your own territory. Consisting of generating new leads, conducting research and pitching to a variety of local businesses across the region.
Alongside administration duties such as updating the CRM system and invoicing along with supporting the clients on their advertisement campaign; from design and formatting to ad placement. This will involve accurately reporting data.
We are ideally looking for sales professionals with a good media or digital background, who are enthusiastic, driven and possess a strategic mind-set whereby you are not afraid to think outside the box and push the norms. This is an exciting role to work within a digital savvy team, and also develop your skills further in line with digital platforms.
Along with prior sales experience candidates need to be able to demonstrate the following:
-Good successful sales experience within media or digital as mentioned ideal, however those with a strong sales background will be considered
-Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with an outgoing personality with a flair of creativity
- Strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality, and will to succeed
- Negotiation and objection handling are central to any sales environment therefore you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems
-Field sales experience ideal but not essential
- Time management and attention to detail are the cornerstone to success, so being able adapt and prioritise is essential
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) along with experience of a Sales CRM System. Gemstone or Futureproof would be advantageous
- Minimum education requirements of GCSE English and Maths at C level
Who are we?
Newsquest is one of the largest regional media companies in the UK. We employ over 3,500 staff with over 1,600 experienced media sales people that help local businesses generate awareness and promote their products and services to local audiences. Our parent company is Gannett Inc, the largest news publisher in the US, with titles such as USA Today.
What do we offer?
Aside from an engaging, fun and lively work environment, with huge potential for personal and career development, we offer:
- A competitive base salary package along with an uncapped commission structure allowing for a realistic OTE of £30-35k plus in your first year!
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company car, laptop and mobile
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Various sales incentives
- Extensive and continuous sales development training through our accredited Sales Excellence Academy
How to Apply?
Do you see yourself as the perfect match for this job? Then we look forward to getting to know you better! Please apply now with your CV and a clear covering (motivational) letter to help us gain a deeper understanding of what drives you and your fit for this role.