about 1 month ago
If you’re brilliant with people, enthusiastic and proactive, this is your chance to progress your career and become one of the faces of Skipton. As a Customer Adviser in a bustling branch where no two days are the same, you’ll talk to people about our wide range of financial products and services. By having an enquiring mind and really listening to our customers in person or on the phone, you’ll help to identify the right products for them – whilst letting your passion and personality shine. So whether you’re promoting a new product or resolving a problem, you’ll always put our customers first and provide an amazing service as a part of a busy team.
Driven to deliver exceptional customer service, you’ll be expected to take ownership and contribute towards your branch’s overall performance objectives. Highly organised and a clear communicator with an eye for detail and comfortable using basic IT systems, you’ll also thrive on the variety and fast pace of a branch at the heart of the action.
As a Customer Adviser, you can expect a structured, tailored development programme, to keep your knowledge up to date. And, in our regular training sessions, you’ll be able to share advice and experience with your colleagues. It’s everything you need to keep growing your skills and expertise with one of the largest building societies in the UK.
About the Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Life Cover
* 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
* SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
* Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
* Childcare vouchers
* An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
* Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
* Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
* Eye Tests