Account Manager - Merchant Services
£33,000 basic salary - OTE 20% and a further 20% over achievement bonus, Free gym membership, pension
We a are looking for a Account manager who has a proven track record of growing account with SME retailers. Ideally coming from a financial/ Banking/ Payment or merchant services background.
The successful person for this position will be responsible for managing and developing an assigned merchant portfolio selling a range of Services including – Financial Services: Tax Free Shopping (TFS), Currency Choice (DCC). Account Development products including - Marketing Services, Business Intelligence and Training Programs at both clients Head Office and Store level. Also to attract and gain new Business Accounts.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Delivery of sales targets
- Delivery of new business targets and cross sell GB products to existing accounts
- Delivery of account specific contractual obligations
- High level Relationship Management
- Creation and delivery of account plans for all accounts
- Monitor and manage debts level of assigned accounts and minimise bed debts exposure
- Improve merchants knowledge and expertise with our services
- Accurate use of our ‘CRM’ system to plan, record and report account specific activity
- Delivery of account specific contractual obligations & agreed activities at store level
- Delivery of all in-store staff training on Tax Free, Currency Choice
- Support of terminal installations
- Maximize TFS business (Issue Ratio and Refund Ratio management)
- Maximize DCC business (Hit Rate management)
- Business Statistics analysis, presentation, discussion and action with Store Managers on a regular basis as agreed by Sales Manager
- Action plans and store visits in line with company segmentation model
- Accurate use of CRM to plan, record and report account specific activity
1-2 years’ experience of account management ideally in the FMCG, retail or financial services
Proven experience of winning and developing new business
Strong interpersonal, verbal and oral communication skills.
The ability to learn on a steep learning curve.
Driven and enthusiastic individuals, who can use their own initiative.
The skills to build and maintain strong customer relationships with an ability to grasp customers’ current and potential needs.
Strong negotiation and influencing skills
Good use of time management skills, can demonstrate ability to prioritize
Results-orientated with a proven track record of achieving targets.
Good organizational skills with the ability to work for periods unsupervised.
Ambitious and hardworking, with a genuine hunger for success.
PC Literate. Competent user of Microsoft Office and spreadsheet applications