4 months ago
Compliance Manager, Retail, Propositions and Distribution – Milton Keynes
Job Title: Compliance Manager, Retail, Propositions and Distribution – Milton Keynes
Region: South East England
Salary: £35000 - £39999
Date Closes: 05/01/2018
Ref Number: A20542
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Compliance Manager within our Retail Propositions and Distribution team. The job holder will provide a full range of compliance advice and guidance on regulatory and supervisory requirements to reduce regulatory risk.
The team is responsible for identifying and solving regulatory issues and ensuring that regulatory requirements are being met within the Retail Propositions and Distributions team. The job holder will also assess the impact of regulatory changes and communicate/ensure stakeholders are aware of these.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Compliance Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Developing strong business based relationships across Santander and act as an individual contributor using a theoretical understanding of Compliance concepts and techniques in order to provide a specialised support service to the business
* Understanding the financial services industry and the business to enable appropriate solutions to be developed
* Acting as the Compliance technical lead on group projects where you are required to challenge existing policies, processes and frameworks, as well as influence internal and external stakeholders to successfully manage key business relationships
* Implementing and delivering policies, guidelines and procedures within the scope of responsibility while reviewing their quality and efficiency, and formulating recommendations for improvements that meet best practice and business objectives
* Supporting the management of relevant compliance consultants ensuring appropriate cross working
Minimum skills and experience required
* Extensive technical/operational experience within a Compliance role with good working knowledge of BCOB, CONC, FCA and LSB requirements etc
* High level of financial services and business knowledge
* Proactive, communicative, pragmatic and methodical approach, taking ownership for issues within Compliance
* Desirable to have practical experience of directly managing, or supporting in the management of a team and use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team to ultimately facilitate the completion of team goals
* Knowledge and experience of applying business process improvements and performance management techniques
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
In 2016 we signed the HM Treasury's Charter on Women in Financial Services