4 months ago
Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for the effective investigation and resolution of Corporate pension servicing complaints within FCA guidelines, including the payment of appropriate redress. Your resolution should deliver a fair and consistent approach when dealing with all complaints, observing TCF rules. You will speak to the complainant at every opportunity to restore their trust and confidence in Aviva, and ensure the right outcome for both the customer and the business. You will also provide support and advice to the frontline teams to enable them to manage potential complaints effectively. The nature of the demand means you will have several complaints in progress simultaneously, requiring excellent organisational skills.
Key skills and behaviours
* Puts the customer at the heart of what they do
* Empathises and builds up rapport
* Listens to the issues raised and can understand and articulate the customer’s concerns
* Gives the customer confidence that their concerns are taken seriously
* Able to deal with difficult conversations when required
* Confident delivering the outcome of the complaint investigation verbally and in writing
* Pays close attention to detail, resulting in a thorough investigation to gather and interpret all relevant information
* Ensures we reach the root cause of what has happened and can articulate this
* Able to navigate blockages
* Delivers fair, consistent and prompt customer outcomes
* Considers all the evidence and makes a balanced decision
* Asks for additional information, internally and externally, where required in order to reach the correct decision
* Uses reasonable assumptions where only partial evidence exists
* Uses influencing skills in dealings with complainants and within Aviva
* Identifies where process changes may be required and proposes improvements
* Provides feedback where required
* Able to negotiate where required
Communication & record keeping
* Professional, articulate and clear written and verbal communication
* Keeps clear and accurate investigation notes, explaining reasons for complaint outcomes
* Confident speaking to Financial Advisers, policyholders, third parties, staff at all levels and in other departments, such as Legal and Risk
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.