30 days ago
Classified Ad Sales Consultant - Print (84126)
: Sales and Client Management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : Competitive + sales bonus + car allowance
: Apr 20, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Classified Ad Sales Consultant - Print
Phonebook - Advertising and Media
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
You will be working to on grow high value SME’s in the NEW advertising and media division within Phonebook. You will be focussed on business development with some account management; this is key to the advertising and media business in achieving revenue targets and will offer you the opportunity to make a real difference in a short space of time.
You’ll own every aspect of the key SME relationship with C-suite/business owners and CMO’s and you’ll be recommending the best solution in order to deliver great results for clients and provide a profitable and sustainable return to the new look Phonebook business. In addition, you’ll work alongside the wider media and advertising business – in particular programmatic and partnerships – to help build out the exciting new Phonebook strategy.
You’ll be required to build strategic growth plans in order to at first introduce and then progress key accounts, keeping the senior contacts abreast of key developments, innovations, relevant insights and major trends across the BT assets (BT Phonebook, BT.com, BT Sport.com, BT Sport App, BT Wifi, EE), and also manage existing agency relationships to drive more sales and better engagement. You’ll deliver digital and print thought leadership within your new client base to influence and drive incremental spend YoY. You will have the opportunity to build out BT’s SME advertising strategy, so we are looking for someone who is very proactive and a self-starter.
What you'll be doing
* Building a sales strategy and a pipeline of sales opportunities to grow client base and market share. Building capability from zero. Including building an accurate annual sales forecast using SalesForce
* Acting as a brand ambassador for BT Phone Book both in the external market and with internal stakeholders, demonstrating best in class sales behaviour
* Working with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction and quickly and effectively address customer pain points
* Maintain a high awareness and knowledge of the printed & digital directory & advertising market, keeping an up to date knowledge of industry trends or technical developments that may impact on the Phone Book offering
* Provide input to future product and solution developments with both internal teams and external suppliers
* Contribute to Phone Book sales strategy with regards to propositions, go-to-market plans and pricing
* Develop strategic growth plans for BT’s classified market to overachieve against annual/quarterly revenue targets
* Managing existing agencies and customers
We'll also need to see these on your CV
You will be a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to lead scalable partnerships with new high value classified customers.
Strong analytical skills and presentation experience and a strong understanding of the classified market, building data-driven solutions and audience targeting is a must.
You’ll likely be working within a leading classified sales team – ideally armed with an existing list of SME business owners or C-suites.
* Significant experience in acqusiitons or new business development
* Experience in both print and digital advertising
* Demonstrable experience of managing and driving significant growth from zero
* Self-motivated; exhibits strong self-management and sense of urgency
* Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively with a cross-departmental team
* Exceptional writing and presentation creation skills
* Degree qualification or relevant job experience
Why choose us?
BT also has great progression and development opportunities. We like to promote from within where we can and internal moves to other parts of the business and even EE are common. You can have a diverse, mixed career all within one company!
We also have industry leading benefits, including 65% on target comission, 25 days holiday, car allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted share scheme, BT Employee Broadband, TV and Sport package, a strong pension scheme and a range of flexible benefits you can pick and choose.
Apply today if you want you can see the opportunity we have for this role and the future!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.