Based in Hemel Hempstead covering CISMEA Region (CIS, Middle East and Africa)
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to wearable GPS/activity monitors and augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
Epson are recruiting for a Business Manager to support our local sales teams across the CISMEA Region. The Business Manager for the CISMEA region is the 'pivot point' between the local sales teams, business management, product marketing and the marcomms teams for the designated business area/regions/channels.
This role will support the Head of Business Management in achieving the region's targets by developing and executing a successful Go-to-Market plan through sales action planning, reporting and monitoring with all internal and external stakeholders.
The role is based from our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, with occasional travel to the CISMEA region.
- Through a thorough understanding of market situation, competitive environment and channel structure / dynamics, work with Sales Management, Business Unit and Marketing Services to develop and implement a 'Go-to-Market' plan for allocated channels
- Undertake 'bottom up' (from Region through Country to Channel) planning for submission and agreement with Sales Management and the Business Unit
- Analyse data and forecast submissions by in country / region Business Managers to provide consolidated reporting by channel (e.g. forecasts, achievement analysis etc)
- Working with the Vertical Business Unit, covering Channels such as, LFP (Large Format Printer) End-Users, Photo/OEM/Specialist Value Added Retailers, LFP/OEM/Photo Distributors, Specifiers and Retail/Label/Finance/Health Value Added Photo Retailers
- Liaise with the BU to maintain the optimum implementation map by country. (Product/Country)
- Using management reports provided by Finance and feedback from Sales & regional Business Managers, develop and maintain a sales achievement commentary for use in regular business review meetings and reports
- Assess requests for special pricing, checking completeness of data and reasonableness of request, and approve/decline/escalate as appropriate
- Track and report any gaps in achievement vs. target, and provide proposals to close the gap. Once approved, support implementation of the actions
- Support the Head of Business Management in contributing to the International Commercial policy development
- Track the current and potential sales within the 'Pipeline' and use this knowledge to provide input to the sales forecast 'enrichment' process
- Provide comprehensive business review and support to the Head of Business Management in the development of the annual Business Plan (BP), and quarterly BP reviews
- Actively and regularly engage with the Business Unit to ensure that the situation of the region are represented and understood at central level (e.g. market / competition commercial situation, channel requirements etc.)
- Ensure proper and early escalation to the Business Unit, of key region issues and follow-up to ensure necessary countermeasures are taken
- Support the Sales Leaders by facilitating the target setting process for the commission of sales people and the channel accounts
- Manage Product Manager, to prioritise and manage the training/feedback required in territory to ensure that local sales teams and customers (as required) are fully supported. Manage, motivate and develop direct report to maximise performance
Key Skills and experience:
- You will be experienced in analysing and quantifying data for a sales product focussed organisation
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to develop and maintain cooperative working and business relationships with others
- Knowledge of Vertical Business Channel routes to market
- Product Knowledge of Epos, Label, LFP, Photo market is beneficial.
- Knowledge of sales processes, with experience of working closely with sales teams, preferably across CMA (CIS, Middle East and Africa) markets
- Experience of working within a large matrix organisation and delivering multiple projects to deadlines
- Applicants are welcome whom have worked in Product/Sales Operation/Sales Planning/Sales Forecasting/Sales Support from within the high-tech product sector
- Ability to logically assess and assimilate complex data & present information
- Good communication skills at with the ability to engage with a range of key stakeholders across the whole organisation
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.