Business Development Manager (Transport Services)
Our client is the world's largest Caterpillar dealer delivering exceptional service for over 80 years. They believe that their people are the heart and soul of their company and fundamental to their success.
Position: BDM Transport Services
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: their employees are rewarded with an attractive all-round benefits package including 25 days holiday, company pension scheme, healthcare, company share scheme and various flexible benefits.
About the role:
As Business Development Manager your role is responsible for the strategic & commercial development of delivering and growing the company UK & Ireland solutions and capabilities growth into the transport sector. You will strengthen their position with key customers and partners, in finding opportunities, building and taking bespoke solutions across all types of operators of vehicle platforms.
- Lead their growth of aftermarket revenues into new sectors, markets and customers
- Be responsible for the development of tactical plans to deliver strategic objectives across industry sectors, product ranges including non-core / non-Cat equipment
- Create, communicate and lead the growth of transport and highway solutions
- Work to fully understand customer’s key business drivers and create value propositions across fleets, in order to scope out and lead fleet proposals and handle agreed timescales
- Closely work with the commercial managers in financially modelling creative solutions to meet customer requirements
- Build and develop collaborative, proactive relationships within the company and suppliers.
- Identify and mitigate business risks in tenders and contractual agreements and facilitating post contract reviews
- Produce executive summaries detailing opportunity, activity and critical metrics for new business in transport sector products and services activities.
- Significant business development experience incorporating strategy development and delivery
- Experienced in a leadership role with strong collaborative and consensus building skills
- Fleet or multiple equipment solutions knowledge of applications across a variety of industries
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Change management skills
- IT literate with a good knowledge of MS Office packages
They are committed to diversity and inclusion, to build and sustain a diverse and talented workforce. As an equal opportunity employer, they encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Business Development, New Business, Transport, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Business Development Executive, Internal Sales Executive, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.