3 months ago
Business Development Manager, Top Gear
Last Date for Application
Overall Job Purpose
Working on the most exciting and biggest motoring media brand in the world, this position requires an experienced salesperson that can drive revenues from core and non-core accounts.
The candidate will be reporting to the TG Advertising Director and will be responsible for the all advertising revenue streams, including brand solutions, with a key focus on unlocking new and incremental revenue stream. This will cover TopGearmagazine and TopGear.com; including mobile, social media and TG iPad. They will be expected to achieve the maximum possible revenue, in conjunction with other members of the team, whilst fulfilling the budgetary requirement and volume allocation of each issue/month.
The current team consists of 6 direct staff and a number of supporting staff, both internally and externally. This is a great opportunity to join an extremely hard working, successful and focused team and contribute to a successful performance.
* To seek out new business opportunities from current, lapsed and new advertisers across the full spectrum of TG’s available media platforms.
* To maintain a dynamic approach to all key and targeted accounts, building a range of commercial offerings that meet their objectives. To develop non display revenue streams in order to help facilitate their growth.
* To take key responsibility for set projects, leading and managing their fulfilment and thereby maximizing revenue opportunities. These include TG supplements, calendar, awards, amongst others.
* To build and maintain a strategic plan for key sectors areas of responsibility (e.g. watches, tyres, special projects) and use this to keep both the TG Advertising Director and TG Publisher informed of business in hand and related issues particularly business lost and gained and forecasts of future business.
* To continue to sell display advertisements using a range of appropriate skills: entrepreneurialism, formal presentations, informal presentations, sales meetings and telephone sales.
* To negotiate the best possible rate for each transaction, using discretion within the parameters set out by the TG Advertising Director . To maximise display advertising volumes and yields and seek out brand solution/partnership opportunities where available.
* To keep regular contact with current, previous and potential advertisers and their advertising agencies within personal client/agency allocation.
* To be responsible for and fully service an allocated group of agencies and clients.
* To be involved in team training sessions and meetings, leading where directed by Advertising Director.
* To help and lead the team with any administrative responsibilities, such as market share analysis, ensuring all leads are recorded and all bookings are on the system accurately.
* To develop a comprehensive knowledge of the titles’ markets, competitors and advertising clients.
* To achieve (and exceed where possible) a minimum of 5 external meetings per week, across a mix of client and agency contacts.
* To liaise with internal departments (e.g. research, editorial, production, promotions etc.) to gain maximum information and co-operation to aid the sales process.
* To entertain clients and agencies (within hospitality budget guidelines) where this is advantageous to business. To help develop the team’s trade marketing plan so there is a clear calendar of opportunities to make the TG brand come alive.
* To represent the company’s best interests at all times.
* Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time as part of a career development programme.
* You’ll be a Senior Sales Executive for a consumer magazine and/or on-line brand
* We are looking for someone that has a proven track record of smashing targets and a great reputation within the industry. A team player and who is hard working and fast thinking.
* To have experience in developing relationships with senior level external clients, understanding how to build these in conjunction with their media agency teams.
* Empathy with the magazines’/brands subject matter, market sector and working environment.
* A strong ability to build networks of high influence, both internally and externally, that aid the growth of new business and new revenue streams. Excellent interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with clients, advertising agencies, colleagues and fellow team members.
* An entrepreneurial spirit and attitude to your work; a self-starter who is always looking to land the next business win.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS