Roofing Development Manager - Jewson
Jewson Roofing is a fast growing part of the business and the company are placing a large emphasis on creating a market leading sector business.
Jewson is the UK’s leading supplier of sustainable timber and building materials, boasting a network of 600 branches nationally
Backed by a well-respected brand, you will be working as part of a team.
Our typical product offering would be; Roofline (Soffit and Cladding), Flashings/Fixings, Pitched Roofing, Roof Sheets & Lights, Ventilation and Flat Roofing.
- Lead the development at branch level, of a profitable roofing business for Jewson within a designated area.
- This will involve you in maintaining the best level of sales and service to both new and existing customers.
- You will be maximising our business with contractors and liaising closely with the major manufacturers.
- Identify and secure new customer accounts within designated area to ensure the continued growth of sales, margin and target achievements, including joint customer supplier visits.
- Pro-actively engage and work closely with the area branch network and suppliers to ensure we continually deliver in line with customer expectations.
- Utilise commercial awareness to monitor and analyse competitor, customer and supplier trends and spend patterns to realise new product opportunities and recognise where the product mix needs to be reviewed and constructively challenged.
- Identify and develop colleagues within the designated area, in order to support customer experience, roofing sales, in addition to supporting future succession plans.
- The role will also involve upskilling and coaching our branch network on roofing supplies. The role will encourage the branches to share best practice and leads.
- This is a frontline position calling for creative flair and initiative to market our comprehensive range.
- Applicants must have knowledge of the industry and have sales experience. The ability to communicate at all levels is important.
- Proven track record of strong sales skills and margin management
- You will enjoy working towards targets and deadlines with a positive attitude
- You will be commercially aware.
- Customer relationship management
- Planning, organisation and time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Really driven to learn, develop and grow with Jewson
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Jewson are able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Jewson or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK.
Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits
We are really looking for an individual that is passionate about customer service who really want to grow and develop in their career. If this sounds like you, then apply today!
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.