3 months ago
This company is charting new territory for its award-winning engineering consultancy services. Leading the way in offshore marine, oil & gas, subsea, equipment, defence, renewable energy and associated sectors they have a progressive expansion plan in the UK & beyond. Growing their sales engineering team is critical to their plans. They are an employee owned business which serves a broad range of clients including oil & gas operators, drilling companies, specialist vessel operators & public-sector bodies.
In this role you will:
- Deliver to agreed annual sales targets & implement agreed sales strategies that win new customers for the business & support the development of ongoing relationships with key accounts.
- combine tenacity & confidence to identify and open doors to potential clients in our target markets.
- have the technical knowledge & credibility required to persuade potential clients that our highly skilled personnel & services will benefit their business.
- secure new client accounts in key business target areas
- adopt a disciplined and structured approach to searching for and identifying new leads and prospects through the internet, social media monitoring, subscriptions, publications, new databases, partners and any other relevant sources.
- attend trade events and conferences to represent us, source new leads and gather market intelligence, following up leads generated & website activities through to qualification and conversion into new business
- track and manage prospects using the CRM database with client information to provide sales campaign information & management reports
- support others in tendering and, where appropriate, complete tender documents to meet client requirements
- build and maintain our presence on client preferred supplier lists, procurement databases & other relevant systems to ensure we receive appropriate enquiries
You must have:
- Extensive understanding of the marine sector and a sound understanding of ship operations, technical management & associated engineering.
- A minimum of 7 years sales or business development experience and demonstrable success
- Experience in delivering formal tenders for complex engineering projects
- A constructive and professional sales approach demonstrating strong questioning and listening skills with the ability to uncover and understand the potential customer(s) needs and issues
-Confidence to present the appropriate solution to maximise any opportunity for us
- Experience in, and comfort with, targeted outbound calling and lead generation through establishing initial contact and quickly building rapport by telephone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analysis and research ability related to exploring new market opportunities
- Be flexible & prepared for regular UK and some international travel
- A valid UK driving licence and be a car driver