Business Development Manager
About the company:
Our client is an exciting and award-winning Internet of Things technology company. They are entering a new phase for the business, with a new brand portfolio and a vision to become the UK’s leading IoT platform. They have developed several ground breaking, cutting-edge technologies that are changing the way we do things and live. The company has a wide brand portfolio, targeting industries such as Hotels, Property, Security, and the list goes on.
Among many of its groundbreaking technologies, one provides personalised packages of assistive technology for anyone who wants to live independently at home, but needs support to do so. This technology includes sensors, wearables and a communication aid to keep folks living in their own homes, while allowing others to monitor them through their app, and set up alerts which are sent as text messages to the phone if something is wrong, etc.
Our client is looking for an extremely driven, energetic and intelligent Sales individual to join them. The main objective of this crucial role is to successfully bring in new clients every month. You must be comfortable and effective with prospecting, cold calling, live and online demonstrations, as well as have excellent interpersonal skills.
Reporting directly in to the Sales Manager, this role has the potential to make a real impact upon the growth of the business, and as such the career prospects are exceptional, first seats on the bus means as your book grows, you will be required to grow your team underneath you. The progression opportunity from there would take you on to be the Head of Sales.
• Generate leads and maintain relationships with buyers
• Maximise business across a range of customer digital or live channels (i.e. Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, or face to face)
• Qualify and close incoming leads, as well as make some cold-calls and lead generation to potential clients
• Cross-sell and up-sell the full range of their products and services
• Deliver online product demonstration via GoToMeeting and live demonstrations
• Respond to your client’s portfolio enquiries by phone and email
• Follow up on inbound leads and sales inquiries
• Update client interactions in Salesforce CRM
• Build and maximise your client portfolio in Pardot, a business to business marketing automation tool
Training & Progression:
You will be working in a small team alongside the Directors of the firm, where you will be given all the training and support you need to be successful in this role. The role is quite autonomous and independent with all support given from the whole business.
• Sales experience essential (1-2 years +)
• 2:1 or above from University.
• Possess creative and innovative sales ideas
• Be able to network and negotiate
• Be confident and competent.
• Ability to cross sell sales opportunities.
• A strong communicator with excellent telephone and customer service skills
• Extremely organised and able to prioritise workloads
• A keen desire to succeed and make a real difference
• Be self-motivated and professional
Location: Central London
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £30-35k Basic, with a market-leading, uncapped commission structure