6 months ago
Business Development Manager (Fireplaces, Fires and Stoves to Retail)
This company is recognised across both the Heating and Bathroom industries as one of the UK's leading independent manufacturers with extensive product ranges, large market share, and a high level of service. This company stands out as a wholly British, family owned business that makes a principle of manufacturing what it sells. Starting with one brand in 1964, they now manage multiple brands including Elgin and Hall, and Broseley Fires enabling them to appeal to the widest range of tastes and market trends. Their continuing growth stems from putting the needs of customers above all else. They include independent retailers, private and social housing providers and large national brand retailers such as B&Q and Homebase.
A position has recently arisen as a Business Development Manager for their retail arm covering the Scotland region. As such they now require an immediate replacement to build on their existing business with the fireplace and stove retailers of Scotland. They are looking for a forward thinking person who once trained will have an immediate impact on this well established region. The post will initially focus on managing existing business on a 6-8 week call cycle with the long term goal of growing their business in this region.
The ideal candidate should have experience in product sales with either a retail background wanting to further their sales career, or with a sales rep & account management background wanting a new challenge. Time served within the industry would be favourable but alternative industries will be strongly considered. A mind for technical products would be an advantage to any candidate.
General qualities required:
- Strong sales skills with the ability to negotiate
- Ability to build on customer relationships / people skills
- Driven to hit turnover & growth targets
- Self-driven with a strong work ethic
- Ability to make discussions that serve the best interest of the company and their customers.
- Ability to be flexible to best serve the independent retailers in their region
- Ability to work from the road using laptop, tablet and mobile phone
Package & benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Additional Bonuses based on performance.
- Company Car
- Petrol Card (Business & private allowance)
- Lunch Allowance
- Pension Contribution
- BUPA - Health Care Package
- 23 Days holiday + Statutory bank holidays off work
about 1 month ago
only 19 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
3 days ago
only 4 days until close
2 days ago
only 26 days until close