11 days ago
Field based National Business Development Manager. Covering the UK so can be flexible on location.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning reputable supplier of domestic appliances and replacement parts. Famous OEMs have authorised the company to become national distributors of their original parts. This growing portfolio includes Dyson, Miele, Hotpot, Bosch, Hoover, Sebo, LG, Whirlpool, Karcher, to name a few. This company now offers the most comprehensive choice of original and pattern domestic and commercial appliance replacement parts in Europe, supplying 40 overseas countries.
They are now seeking an experienced and ambitious person to join their field team whose key focus is to acquire new customers, sell additional products to existing customers and identify future opportunities to achieve profitable business growth in the assigned sales area.
- To exceed the revenue and gross profit target for the assigned sales area
- To maximise the "share of wallet" at existing customers by identifying and converting additional profitable sales opportunities through proactive email, telephone and visit campaigns
- To prospect for potential new customers which meet their ideal customer profile
- To convert prospects into new customers and achieve a minimum of £1k gross profit within the first year of trading at each new account
- Work with their Key clients and Buying Groups to develop their relationships whilst filtering sales through to Key Account Managers and Area Sales Managers.
- To report on competitor activity and market developments minimising losses to the competition and exploiting new opportunities as they arise in the marketplace
- To identify new products that could be successfully added to the range
- To negotiate commercial terms within set guidelines
- To contribute to the wider achievement of their business development goals by freely sharing knowledge and expertise with others
- To participate in regular conference calls with the UK business development team to highlight issues, concerns and opportunities for business growth
- To attend quarterly business development meetings to share insight and best practice
- To analyse customer performance against revenue and gross profit targets detailing clear recovery plans where negative variances exist
- To provide sales forecasts as required by customer or product line
- To ensure appropriate sales support from the telesales and customer service teams to meet the assigned area's revenue and gross profit targets
- Proven business acumen
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate and present clearly and concisely
- Highly disciplined and organised
- Able to work to challenging targets and tight deadlines
- Resilient with a positive attitude
- Strong customer service skills