3 months ago
Business Development Manager(s) and Business Development Executive(s)
Location: Dudley (and possibly York)
Salary: Competitive depending upon experience
This company is a leading steel stockholding business employing 1300 employees across 25 locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet. With 43 companies within the group, their extensive facilities are world-class and their expertise and advanced specialist skills have ensured the outstanding success of a diverse range of high-profile projects around the globe.
Due to significant growth they are now looking to recruit Business Development Managers and Executives who have experience and/or knowledge working within certain sectors including storage and handling, street furniture, transport, material handling, specialist vehicles, agriculture, stockholders, leisure and modular buildings/containers.
The primary role of the Business Development Managers and Executives is to achieve an annual gross profit target from your allocated sector, whilst also developing new business.
Your focus will be generating revenue through the sale of the companies' products, promoted through customer visits, phone and email.
Working closely with the Commercial Manager, you will develop a sales strategy to increase sales potential, whilst maximising use of the companies AS400 computer system to record all customer information and activity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being the expert within your sector whilst bringing fresh ideas to the company
- Ensure market trends are defined by customers, suppliers and competitor activity
- Develop robust sales plans and seek secure profitable market share and growth
- Ensure sales plans reflect the need to maximise stock levels
- Develop, publicise and apply a business commercial operating policy
- Develop and monitor customer service standards that build customer retention levels
- Lead negotiations with major and potential customers
- Ensure effective systems of control and information exist and monitor sales performance against plan to maximise profit potential
The right people will have a willingness and ability to learn quickly and a strong "can do" attitude. You must possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal colleagues. Strong planning and organisational skills are also required for this role, as well as being committed to working in a team orientated environment.
If this sounds like you and you have experience of one of the below sectors, along with the desire to progress your career then you are highly encouraged to apply today. We provide a competitive salary with excellent progression opportunities associated with a large, well respected business.
Storage and handling
28 days ago
only 1 hours until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close