A Business Development Manager role within a rapidly expanding software business.
Our client are a leading provider of software and cloud based solutions. Based in Lancashire their 2018/19 growth plan means they are seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager.
They are an Owner Managed Business who value their people extremely highly and this is an opportunity to join an extremely progressive environment.
The main elements of this Business Development Manager role are to:
- Work closely with the Directors to identify target clients and markets, and set strategy for achievement.
- Build-up, develop and manage your pipeline, using our CRM system to maintain accurate information and up to date forecasts on all prospects.
- Cold call new businesses, generating leads and converting them into appointments
- Have a consultative approach to building relationships with prospects, focusing on their needs and pains and selling in our software as a solution
- Have a strong knowledge of the product to be able to successfully present it to potential clients so as to overcome any technical or business objections they may have.
- Present compelling business logic as to why our solutions are the right solution for the client
- Follow the sales process to ensure that the expectations of the client are met to the highest of standards
- Understand who the key stakeholders are in the process and adapt pitch to suit audience
- Work collaboratively with the Client Management Team and Development team to ensure product can be delivered as promised and within timescales discussed.
- Work collaboratively with the Digital/Marketing Manager to ensure key messages are delivered and that pitch material is of the highest quality.
Reporting directly to the Sales Director, this role requires someone who is highly motivated with previous experience in successfully selling services or solutions B2B. We are looking for a real entrepreneur, with tenacity and drive to attain the order.
The successful candidate must be able to overcome major sales obstacles to consistently meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets. They must be engaging and confident as they will be working closely with senior leaders and stakeholders.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate at the highest level:
- Commercial awareness and understanding of costing process
- 3 years experience (minimum) in selling solutions B2B, preferably software/cloud based solutions
- Experience of closing deals from £5k - £50k+ value
- Genuine interest of technology and the confidence to talk about software and its capabilities
- Strong negotiator who always remains professional
- Intelligence and ambition
- Knowledge of working with the public sector and their tendering processes
- Initiative and work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise with external Clients and all levels including business owners, with a high focus on managing client expectations
- Proficiency at office/MS applications, CRM solutions and personal computing
- Organised, Trustworthy and reliable with the ability to work in a team environment but also individually.
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Strong/compelling presentation/pitching skills
- Tenacity, drive and ambition
- Professional throughout even at times of adversity
Up to £45k depending on experience plus uncapped OTE.