4 months ago
Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £30000 - £34999
Date Closes: 02/01/2018
Ref Number: A21671
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our growing Santander for Intermediaries business.
As the Business Development Manager you will be responsible for maintaining and developing Mortgage Broker relationships and promoting Santander for Intermediaries products to Mortgage Brokers on the respective panel.
The role holder will support our relationship plans which are agreed with the Key Relationships team to provide Mortgage Brokers with a responsive service.
The role holder will review, monitor and respond to business volumes and market conditions, managing and developing key business relationships, maintaining knowledge on our customer’s company culture, vision, goals, needs and future requirements.
This is a home based role with travel required across the London Region; a full clean driving license is therefore required.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Business Development Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Providing Mortgage Brokers with a responsive service, adopting an appropriate contact strategy, utilising tools such as outlook diary management and the CRM.
* Utilising MI resources to review, adapt and refocus future activity and achieve Santander’s objectives.
* Developing internal and external networks with other parts of business.
* Monitoring and controlling all activities to ensure processes comply with company procedures, ensuring risk is managed according to company objectives.
* Taking ownership for and educate Brokers on submission requirements.
* Ensuring an up to date Broker Contact Report is received and refreshed before every customer call, ensuring appointments are pre-booked and the agenda is sent before every business meeting.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Knowledge and experience of working with mortgages and brokers
* Excellent knowledge of the intermediary market
* Excellent relationship management with strong planning and organisational skills.
* Proven ability to negotiate and influence both internally and externally; excellent communication skills
* Excellent product knowledge, market knowledge, legislation, organisational awareness and economic awareness.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Ludgate Hill, London
Our Ludgate Hill office in London is in the heart of the city, within walking distance of St Pauls and City Thameslink. Housing a range of key business areas from Retail, Corporate and Wealth division to our Santander Business, Technology & Operations and Innovation Hub. Surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops the atmosphere is a vibrant one.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
Santander's Breakthrough programme, created to support the SME sector, has been recognised with a 'Big Tick' award by Business in the Community.