6 months ago
This established not-for-profit organisation is recruiting a Business Development Manager to join its busy Commercial Team. This is a critical appointment and the post holder will be a key influencer in the sales, growth and ongoing success of the company.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for revenue generation via sponsorship, membership, exhibition space, showcase presentation slots and event registrations. You will be prepared to 'get your hands dirty', undertaking field-based sales across the UK, meeting both potential and existing sponsors and members. Possessing a positive and confident attitude together with excellent presentation skills, you will relish networking and meeting new people and will be able to demonstrably close a sale.
As you will be working closely with many of the UK's leading life science R&D companies, the investor community and a wide range of complimentary industry businesses, experience in selling services into the UK life science sector is essential.
You will need a full driving licence and own transport (mileage will be reimbursed) with the expectation to travel, in and out of business hours, to include occasional overnight stays both in the UK and abroad.
- Highly independent, energetic and motivated self-starter
- Demonstrable experience of making and closing sales, hitting sales targets, and prepared to go that extra mile to reach the desired outcome
- Potential to become an effective and aggressive business developer, with career plans to work within the life sciences industry.
- Natural networker, comfortable to engage and interact with people at all levels, strong relationship builder
When applying, please detail:
- Your sales targets and your performance against them in your most recent role
- Your experience and knowledge in relation to the UK Life Science industry, or how you would develop this
- An overview of what interests you about this position
- How you feel you would contribute to the success of the company.
This role offers the opportunity for personal development and progression, together with the following benefits:
£35,000 - £40,000 pa, plus bonus scheme up to 20% of base salary, based on:
- 45% if company sales target met
- 45% if stretch target met
- 10% if personal performance targets met
Pension scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
25 days per year holiday in addition to bank holidays
Potential to work from a suitably located home-based office
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
only 27 days until close