I am looking for a brilliant Business Development Manager to join a team in the world of eco food packaging. This role allows you the freedom to work independently with as much entrepreneurial spirit as you can muster. Working alongside the sales director, in a fun sector, selling into small quirky deli's, independent coffee shops, festivals and eco minded companies.
My client are an innovative, sustainability-focused company within a FTSE100 group, looking for an exceptional Business Development Manager. My client helps customers in the food and catering industry reduce their environmental impact through our sustainable products and services.
This person will have industry experience and be able to 'hit the road running'. The role will report directly into our Sales Director, and be based in West London.
* Developing and winning a pipeline of new customers in the food retail and catering industry.
* Managing a small book growing existing accounts.
* Responsibility for a significant part of the overall budget in the company.
* Selling the benefits of sustainability to clients.
We are looking for someone who gets a buzz out of selling, who is super personable and can win juicy new accounts and look after our existing customer base in the food and catering industry.
* 3+ years business development experience.
* Thrives on sales, a great networker and a natural at building relationships.
* Experience & history of exceeding targets.
* A 'people person' with a track record of building great customer relationships.
* A passion for selling & experience of influencing people.
* Experience of giving superb customer service.
* Strong organisational skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Excel skills & commercially aware.
* Industry knowledge and contacts in the food/ foodservice/ catering sectors.
Other demonstrable skills will include:
* A proven track record of building robust client relationships.
* Generating and "closing" new business.
* Knowledge / interest in sustainability.
* Strong numerical and analytical skills.
The Successful Business Development Manager will receive the following:
- Competitive salary.
- Share save scheme, company pension scheme.
- 33 days holiday (incl. public holidays).
- Excellent opportunities for personal development.
- Training and progression in this global FTSE100 group.