We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, credible and entrepreneurial Business Development Manager to join our client’s team in the south of England.
Our client is a charity that works in partnership with schools in the UK, drawing upon the skills of predominately but not exclusively ex-services personnel, to deliver our unique and innovative Prince William Award to young people aged 6-14 years. The award programme is the only one of its kind in the name of our Royal Patron, HRH The Duke of Cambridge KG KT.
The Role of Business Development Manager
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Compliance you will focus on the development of new business opportunities; sourcing, and gaining new business through sales to schools in London and the South East, specifically; Sussex, Surrey, London, Luton, Kent, Essex and Hertfordshire.
You will also assist managers in your area with the retention of current customers. This role of Business Development Manager will demand the development of commercially viable and long term relationships with customers in the education sector.
The ideal candidate for the role of Business Development Manager will have / be;
• Experience in sales and/or business development roles with a proven track record of achieving sales targets (personal target of £150k in this role)
• Well developed full-cycle sales skills
• Experience of building and maintaining a robust pipeline of opportunities
• Experienced and confident in the presentation of sales proposals for prospective customers
• Experienced in developing business and sales in Scotland
• A proven ability in developing and maintaining successful, long term client relationships
• Experience of closing sales with schools
For the role of Business Development Manager there is a salary on offer of circa £30,000 per annum and they also offer the following benefits:
• Full time annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum plus statutory public holidays
• Contributory pension scheme after completion of a six month probationary period
• Access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme 365 days a year
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Death in Service benefit
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave packages
• Childcare Vouchers Scheme
• Paid eye tests and contribution towards costs of glasses or lenses
Special role requirements:
This role will operate regionally and you must be willing to travel within the south east region.
Occasional overnight stays can be expected and monthly travel to the Central Services office in Nottinghamshire will be required.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This organisation is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Charity, organisation, sales, business development,