5 months ago
Business Development Manager
Based: Bradford (flexible) with travel
This company is a leading steel stockholding business employing 1100 employees across 25 locations in the UK.
They are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager for their new Offsite Steel Solutions business. The Offsite Construction sector is a huge potential market for the group and an area whereby they are investing in resource, training, plant and machinery to establish themselves as the main steel supplier in this growing sector.
The role of Business Development Manager is to define key account growth opportunities and lead all sales activity within Offsite Steel Solutions. This is a new role, which brings a potential opportunity to not only grow sales, but also to establish and develop a team in the future.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure market trends are defined by customers, suppliers and competitor activity
- Develop robust sales plans and seek secure profitable market share and growth
- Ensure sales plans reflect the need to maximise stock levels
- Develop, publicise and apply a business commercial operating policy
- Develop and monitor customer service standards that build customer retention levels
- Lead negotiations with major and potential customers
- Ensure effective systems of control and information exist and monitor sales performance against plan to maximise profit potential
Knowledge and experience:
They are looking for individuals who have experience and / or knowledge of the offsite construction market and modular buildings industry as well as demonstrating experience in market segmentation, competitor analysis, pricing techniques, account and stock management.
This is an autonomous role, requiring an ambitious and driven self-starter with strong sales experience and excellent customer service skills as well as the knowledge of modular portable buildings.
In return, you can expect a competitive salary and benefit package plus the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking business, providing career development.