Business Development Manager
Our client is an investment agency whose role is to attract new investment and employment to Manchester city region. They drive the global business marketing of Manchester as a world-class location for business and deliver an extensive package of expert, free and confidential advice for location consultants and potential investors. They provide aftercare to recent investors and work closely with those foreign-owned companies already located in Manchester city region, creating new jobs and increasing productivity.
Position: Head of Business Development – Advanced Manufacturing
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: up to £47,804 per annum
Benefits: £1,200 car allowance, 25 days holiday, pension (employer contribution 8%, employee contribution 4%).
About the role:
The Business Development Manager will lead business development for the advanced manufacturing and engineering (AME) sectors within our client, driving the attraction of advanced manufacturing businesses and investment to Greater Manchester (GM) that ultimately creates new jobs.
- Develop a formal business development strategy for the AME sector
- Achieve an annual target of inward investment project successes and associated job creation and safeguarding targets
- Identify and focus on a target list of national and international companies, developing and building long-term strategic relationships with key-decision makers
- Develop a strategic marketing campaign to promote GM’s advanced manufacturing offer
- Lead on the execution of marketing campaign activity, managing a pre-agreed budget
- Manage a small team of sector-focussed business development resource
- Manage individual investment enquiries, providing a bespoke service that meets all client needs
- Direct the “after-care” service to new investors and account manage key existing investors
- Identify new and emerging trends and opportunities both within advanced manufacturing and complementary sectors
- Support the ERDF-funded sector development and science and innovation programmes
- Knowledge of Advanced Manufacturing
- Significant B2B “consultative” sales experience, within in a highly commercial environment, and / or evidence of market and network development
- Proven experience in project management
- Good understanding of the full sales cycle
- Experienced and skilled negotiator, able to influence at the most senior level
- Strong commercial awareness to garner credibility among and influence senior business leaders
- Able to manage time effectively and efficiently, in order to succeed in a target driven environment
- Ideally knowledge of working in markets such as the US, Europe, India, China, Japan and UAE
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Manager, Head of Business Development, Sales Manager, Advanced Manufacturing, New Business Development, Account Management, Client Relationship, Senior Sales Executive, Manufacturing, Business Development, Head of Sales, Account Manager, Senior Account Manager etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.