We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager for a Leading Accounting Software business.
Business Development Manager - Leading Accounting Software business
The primary responsibility of this role is the increase in revenue from new Accountancy Practice customers and the role is focused on winning large deals. We do this by persuading accountancy practices to implement the business as an accounting software platform for their small business, freelancer and contractor clients.
Field-based in the Midlands area, this role is offered as part of an expansion to the current team following successful flotation on the AIM stock market, and has healthy uncapped bonus earning potential.
The target market is large contractor focused accountancy firms and contractor payment organisations that offer accountancy services. The BDM will be allocated prospects by the National Sales Manager and will follow the proven sales methodology through to closing the deal.
The BDM will work with our Partner Management, Implementation and Enablement teams to ensure that new accounts have a market leading customer experience. The revenue target for this role is based on the first 12 months performance of each account so it is vital that new accounts on board clients at a high velocity.
Achievement of monthly revenue targets via Accountancy Practices channel
- Accurate generation and maintenance of a 4x monthly target pipeline
- Identification and prospecting of new sales opportunities.
- Must be a highly motivated person with a strong professional approach to new business sales.
- Arranging own sales meeting and adherence to the defined sales process.
- Representing the company at events, exhibitions etc as required
- Effective promotion of the product and business at all times
- Accurate and timely maintenance of sales records in Sales force CRM system
- Efficient diary management and meeting planning
- Travel as required for sales meetings including travel to our Head Office in Edinburgh or elsewhere at least once a month
- Being proactive and reactive to market conditions, specifically with regards to competitive activity
- Specialist in identifying new business prospects
- At least 3 years experience in a sales or business development role, ideally selling into professional services organisations
- Consistent over achievement of targets
- Self-reliant and self-motivated
- Appreciation of the technology and how legislation changes can affect industry
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Full driving license
- Competitive salary, car allowance and uncapped bonus scheme
- Company IPhone and Mac book
- Company credit card
- Fantastic company culture and ongoing support/training
- Flexible hours
- Family friendly policies
- 33 days annual leave increasing year on year
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Life insurance