We are recruiting for a field based Business Development Executive to sell software into schools. This is working for an exciting start up that have just received a huge round of funding and are going through rapid expansion.
Excellent opportunity to join a business early on in their growth phase and be part of growing an exciting business in one of the hottest sectors around!
Exciting innovative start up Educational Technology business this is a fast growing business with a rapidly developing product.
This business provides software for teachers, students and parents.
We are looking for a self-motivated and customer focused Business Development Executive who is passionate about education and technology. Based in the field covering the Midlands territory this role will focus on selling to UK schools.
This role requires someone with high levels of integrity, tenacity and self-motivation; and an aptitude to learn quickly.
This position will suit an experienced sales person with a passion for education technologies.
Your role will be a new business role and you will sell market leading software to schools across the midlands and north UK. Our client has a significant presence in state schools, academies and independent schools, at both junior and senior level - so you will need to be adaptable and sensitive to the varying needs of your prospects.
Supported by a friendly, close-knit Sales team - and a supportive Marketing team - you will be tasked with helping achieve ambitious growth targets for a company that has seen phenomenal growth. You will inherit a pipeline and as well as developing this in collaboration with the Marketing team, you will implement company strategies to self-source new opportunities.
This is an exciting and varied role that will include on site visits to customers, online meetings and attending conferences and trade exhibitions. You will manage complex sales through building relationships, understanding your clients and maintaining control over the sales process.
The role will be home based, visiting clients in the field, with occasional visits to our office in London.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
● Have experience of managing a complex sales process
● Be comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels (teachers, parents, SMT)
● Be able to conduct 1:1 meetings, board-level meetings and also comfortable with
delivering presentations to large audiences
● Be able to lever marketing-driven leads and also be comfortable self-sourcing
● Understand the UK education system and the current schools culture
● Fully understand the place of IT in education
● Be organised and self-disciplined
● Be able to demonstrate high levels of independence and initiative, while respecting
process and strategy
● Have a strong customer service instinct
● Know how to communicate professionally in face-to-face situations, by phone and by
● Be flexible in their approach to work, with a strong team-based ethos
● Understand the importance of CRM and other systems to improve process and
Our client is offering a competitive salary and commission scheme; car allowance; 3% pension
contributions; 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas), £1000 training budget
per year, discounted gym, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
This role will also participate in our future employee option scheme.