Business Development Advisor
Our client is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1.3 billion.
The company is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with over 700 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned stores.
Their success has been built upon a distinct culture focused upon positive and friendly relations with staff, customers and the communities it serves. The Company Way is a means to define this culture and ensure that the longstanding values of the company family will continue to drive the company’s growth for the next century.
Position: Business Recruitment Executive
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £22k basic with OTE £30-35k per annum
Benefits: include 34 days holiday (includes bank holidays), increases with length of service, company sick pay, pension scheme, life cover, health cash plan, childcare vouchers, paternity pay, staff discount, cycle to work scheme, long service awards, retirement gifts, community volunteering, payroll giving.
About the role:
The Business Recruitment Executive will assist the Recruitment Managers to achieve effective recruitment of targeted retailers into the group in accordance with their strategy and marketplace best practice.
They are looking for those individuals who can work alongside a recruitment manager canvassing for opportunities to recruit small and large businesses into the their symbol group. You must enjoy working competitively, thrive under pressure and be able to cope with rejection. Excellent planning skills are needed to maximise time spent in front of customers.
It goes without saying that self-motivation is key there as long periods of time will see you working on your own generating business leads but meeting plenty of new people almost every day. A degree of project management will be needed to assist the recruitment manger to successfully convert stores and some commercial awareness is necessary which can be improved upon within the role.
The role is very target driven and those who are successful will be well rewarded in this career.
- Assisting the Recruitment Managers in identifying potential retailers for recruitment
- Selling the brand to potential retailers
- Managing the conversion process from sign up to the point of trading
- Inducting retailers into the group prior to trading
- Ensuring that appropriate communication links and support are well established at the point of trading
- Recruitment Sales and Cost Budgets
- Will be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
- Could be required to stay away from home overnight or attend evening events on behalf of the business
- May have access to a company car as part of role and must ensure this is looked after in accordance with company policy
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
- High level of numeracy and literacy is essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Demonstrable Retail and Cold Call Sales experience is essential
- Experience in the use of Sparpos systems is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
- Experience in managing costs and resources
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Challenges appropriately and identifies areas for improvement
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Manager, Sales, Lead Generation, New Business Development, B2B, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Telesales, Field Sales, Cold Calling, Appointment Setter, Business Development Executive, Account Management, National Account Manager, Call Centre Advisor, Graduate Sales, Business Recruitment Executive, Business Development Advisor, Sales Advisor etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.