5 months ago
Audit Manager II, Sales & Operations
Job Title: Audit Manager II, Sales & Operations
Date Closes: 08/01/2018
Ref Number: A21099
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Manager II, Sales & Operations within our diverse and growing Santander Internal Audit team. We want you to share our passion about adding value to our people, customers, communities and stakeholders. You’ll be providing robust assurance and question on the effectiveness of processes and controls across the bank and having exposure to senior stakeholders across our global organisation.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As an Audit Manager II, Sales & Operations your main responsibilities will be
* Managing and participating in assurance activities to assess the management and control of risk, ensuring that all work undertaken meets agreed timescales and complies with quality requirements. The successful candidate will be expected to take ownership for multiple sections of larger audits and day-to-day management of some audits on behalf of a Senior Audit Manager
* Completing assurance activities, assessing risks and controls (including planning activity, co-ordination of fieldwork and report writing), acting both as lead and team member as required
* Supervising small teams whilst providing coaching and support
* Managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders across the business and collaborating with other teams as required
* Taking responsibility for additional activities related to the management of the Internal Audit department, including on-going business monitoring, follow-up of agreed management actions, and production of required management information (MI) for Senior Management
Minimum skills and experience required
* Holds a degree and an audit related professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, or CIA)
* Strong Internal Audit (IA) experience. Experience in financial services is preferred, but not essential
* Strong understanding of risk and internal controls
* Clear communicator with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
* Strong people and coaching skills with the ability to explain tasks clearly and coach / up-skill junior members of the team
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Ludgate Hill office in London is in the heart of the city, within walking distance of St Pauls and City Thameslink. Housing a range of key business areas from Retail, Corporate and Wealth division to our Santander Business, Technology & Operations and Innovation Hub. Surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops the atmosphere is a vibrant one.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Share by Email
Did you know?
We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, which is our promise to ensure those who serve or have served, and their families are treated fairly.