about 1 month ago
Assistant Buyer - Gaming
Job Number: 8721
Location: Dixons Carphone, Acton Support Centre (123)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Contribute to building the future of gaming in the UK, we are on a mission to change the way gamers interact with retail and we are looking for Gamers who will join us in our quest.
The core function of the role is providing administrative support, analytical support, and contribute to building the future of Gaming.
* Help source and identify the latest best products that will complement the Gaming strategy.
* Populate and maintain product set up tracker and ensure products are set up correctly based on signed off range.
* Source product information, content, influencer and unboxing videos from suppliers and share with Online Content team.
* Confirm outfit codes are set up and retail prices are correct in the system.
* Compile accurate Category sales reports for presentation
* Provide support to team to compile and update category promotional plans and ascertain with Stock Planner that stock levels can support these plans.
* Brief and check the content of advertising and POS prior to sign off to ensure accuracy and legal compliance.
* Confirm event specific POS Artwork Base requirements.
* Present a status summary of actions required and agreed from the TAB report and previous TAB meetings.
* Confirm product set up is complete and accurate in all systems.
* Create POS briefs for product deals and submit via ‘Clinic’ prior to signing off.
* Complete and issue briefing templates (Social, Flyer, TV, Online Video, Online Banner Media and Press) accurately and on time.
* Ensure price changes, status changes, promotional messages and item content briefing (for in-store tickets and the Web) are completed accurately on time.
* Produce and issue store communications as agreed with the Category Manager, ensuring all information passed to store is accurate and is distributed in suitable timescales.
* You will need to building good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support category team.
You will need:
* Gamer – has good understanding of the gaming industry.
* Good working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel.
* Team player, able to contribute and work within a fast pace team environment
* Attention to detail.
* Educated to degree standard or equivalent. Marketing/Business/Retail Degree.
* Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.