Area Sales Manager, Structural Steel into Merchants. Covering teh North West and Yorkshire. £36,000 Basic, OTE £42,000 uncapped + Car and Excellent benefits. UK manufacturer of construction steel, structural steel, ribbed steel bars, rebars, etc. require an Area Sales Manager to look after the portfolio of merchant accounts across North-West and Yorkshire.
Major clients include Builders Merchants (both major national chains and independents), steel stockholders and some large direct end users including local Authorities and major building and civil engineering contractors. Applications for the products are all-encompassing and range from domestic building projects to civil engineering contracts to agricultural use and even ship repair.
A major part of the role is managing and motivating the distributors to sell your products over the competition together with providing manufacturer's support to the distributors sales reps in the field.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have sales experience selling through builder's merchants and be a polished and proven account manager.
* You will be highly consultative in approach and have exceptional customer management and account management abilities.
* You will be self motivated, highly organised and have a clear and planned structure towards business development and increasing the annual spend of your account base.
* You will be highly credible and reliable individual that is well presented and target oriented.
* You will naturally be able to communicate across all levels and have a creative streak and a desire to provide total customer satisfaction.
* The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing accounts both large and small and will not be fazed by negotiating contracts to supply worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.