Well established English & Continental hardwood (Timber) specialists, require a proactive and commercial Area Sales Manager with the drive to generate genuine growth in the East of England.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000, OTE; £43,000 - £48,000
BENEFITS: Company Car, Mobile, Pension, 31 days holiday including statutory days.
LOCATION: Field Based - East of England with occasional visits to the Midlands Office.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire
As an Area Sales Manager 60% of your role will be focused on generating new business. You will also be tasked with managing existing accounts which will account for the remaining 40% of your time. The current and target customer base includes, but is not restricted to, Architects, Specifiers, Building Contractors, Joiners and Merchants.
* Managing 250+ accounts across the East of England territory
* Increasing your portfolio via new business generation
* Targeting and converted lapsed clients
* Attending 3-5 client visits per day when in the field
* Effectively communicating with customers through site visits, reviews, verbal and written correspondence, presentations and ad hoc meetings
Ultimately you will thrive on managing a territory, treating it like your own business and want the opportunity to carve out a career with the benefit of a growing and supportive organisation.
We would welcome applications from people with a proven experience of working within territory sales in the Timber, Hardwood or Softwood industries.
To be a successful Area Sales Manager you will be proactive, hungry, dynamic and ambitious with the following characteristics
* You must have a proven track record within the Timber industry preferable in a field based sales or Account Management role
* A clear understanding of Softwoods and Hardwoods
* Ability to manage existing accounts whilst maintaining new business activity
* Strong IT skills with knowledge of a multitude of packages
* You must have a driving license for this position
The opportunity to develop a long standing career as an Area Sales Manager, selling high quality products for a leading reputable timber company.
A profound knowledge of timber has enabled us to supply high quality and bespoke sawn and seasoned hard and softwoods for over a century. Offering a vast range of English, Continental and North American hardwood species, we have two sites located centrally in the UK. Whether taking orders for DIY projects or providing products for leading UK home improvement stores and everything in between, we take the pride and care in our service which you would expect from an organisation with such a strong pedigree.
Although the role is advertised as an Area Sales Manager you may currently be, or have previously been employed as a Territory Manager, Regional Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Executive, Softwood Sales Executive, Softwood Sales Manager, Hardwood Sales Executive, Hardwood Sales manager, District Manager, UK Sales Manager or Field Sales Executive
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Michael Thorpe quoting Area Sales Manager – East of England reference MT1701-61 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.