Within our Darlington centre, home of the Northern Echo, we have a great new opportunity for an experienced and talented Advertising Manager, to join and lead the team in their continued success!
In the role of Advertising Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of advertising sales in regards to publishing newspapers, websites, magazines and periodicals to the highest quality standards.
Leading a team of successful sales executives, who are a mix of telephone and field based, you will drive advertising sales and revenue for both print and digital products, new strategies, ideas and development of your team. This centre is a high revenue generating business, and has thrived with strong management team and those who lead by example. You will be able to demonstrate a strong commercial acumen, able to understand the business and customers, plus the strengths and weaknesses of a product portfolio.
This will include but not be limited to:
• Manage, develop and motivate a Display/ROP advertising team
• Appraise all managers and staff to ensure the required level of expertise is available to meet business and company objectives
• Manage and analyse revenue and ROI to ensure all channels, strategies and tool are being best utilised
• Work with and communicate regularly with the Advertising Director to prepare annual business plans, budgets and revenue targets
• Meet budgeted advertising revenue for each title and centre overall, forecast revenue weekly, monthly and annually as required by the Advertising Director and Managing Director
• Work with the Internal Recruitment team, to recruit and maintain high quality professional staff
• Monitor sales activity and ensure the team are on the right track to meet KPI’s and business expectations
• Development and expansion of business in terms of lead generation, new business proposals, new target markets and products implementation
• Develop short, medium and long term product and sales strategy for each title within the centre
• Liaise with regional and local management and external businesses appropriate in achieving business objectives
• Continued development, support and training of staff, working in line with support provided from the Regional Trainer.
We are seeking an innovative, results-orientated individual to drive the team with display advertising sales, marketing strategy, campaign management, and new channels for sales, maintaining and aim to exceed the revenue this centre brings in annually. Ideally you will have experience within display advertising in newspapers/print and digital due to the nature of the role, however those with a strong sales management background in other capacities within reason will be considered.
Along with prior sales and management experience candidates need to be able to also demonstrate the following:
• Prior experience of managing a successful sales team, either within media or other industries where relevant.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with an outgoing personality with a flair of creativity
• Strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality, and will to succeed
• Negotiation and objection handling are central to any sales environment therefore you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems
• Time management and attention to detail are the cornerstone to success, so being able adapt and prioritise is essential
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) along with experience of a Sales CRM System. Gemstone or FutureProof would be advantageous
• Minimum education requirements of GCSE English and Maths
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and really make a difference to our business.
What do we offer?
Aside from an engaging, fun and lively work environment, with huge potential for further career development, we offer:
• A competitive base salary package for this along with an uncapped commission structure, can be fully discussed upon application.
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (6.6 weeks)
• Pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Extensive and continuous sales development training through our accredited Sales Excellence Academy
To apply please send your CV to the details provided.