Account Director – Various locations
DS Smith Group are looking for an Account Director to work within the DS Smith Commercial function to manage a team and manage and grow a portfolio of commercial accounts and merchants to ensure profitability, stretch growth targets, customer satisfaction and operational service levels are met. The post-holder will be responsible for delivering client growth strategies, through team management and inter-departmental collaboration. You will drive, manage and measure innovation projects and ensure that any contractual performance targets and measures are met. You will ensure that all client relationships perform to expected commercial targets and will continue to drive and manage sales and gross margin growth with all clients. Experience within the Recycling or Manufacturing sectors is essential.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include the following;
- To deliver the vision for growth within the region
- Assisting in the management of Commercial Managers and Commercial
- Executives to achieve targets and ensure profitability, including sign-off of annual or periodic price increases
- Collating sales and margin performance
- Supporting the wider division as required, working closely with managers to deliver business growth
- To manage commercial relationships and provide accurate forecasts and summaries of the profitability of accounts of both new and existing customers.
- To provide effective price management planning across all allocated Commercial Accounts to ensure accounts are operating within required margins.
- Management of new and existing accounts to ensure profitable customer interaction and adherence to group payment terms.
- To participate in the sourcing of suitable quality fibre and other materials, and conducting customer and supplier audits
- To deliver and manage customer focussed projects, focusing on recycling quality and value, including presenting at events.
- To work with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of customer journey
- Own and manage all your allocated accounts from service to invoice and payment, ensuring compliance and CSR obligations of all customers managed
- Ongoing development of designated sectors and industry knowledge, including customer analysis.
- Work with other commercial teams, departments and divisions to develop new customer and supplier opportunities in all areas of the business
- Identify, manage and complete relevant tender opportunities for submission within set deadlines.
What we would like our candidate to have;
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Adobe and Power Point
- Sales or Account management experience, with strong working knowledge of the Recycling, Waste Management or Recycling Sector.
- Experience in tendering with Blue Chip companies
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage a team
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide and is continuing to grow both organically and through acquisition.
Salary & the benefits: • £40-45k
• Up to 24% company bonus
• Company Car – (for example: BMW 3 Series or equivalent)
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Annual cycle to work scheme